Veterans Service Office
This office provides comprehensive knowledge of federal law (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations), Title 38, state laws and regulations applying to veterans and their dependents in obtaining all benefits to which they are entitled by law
- Providing advisory service on benefits involved by reviewing a veteran's or surviving family member's situation and advising which benefits are most valuable
- Acting as an advocate of the veteran or his family in dealing with agencies, organizations and institutions
- Consulting with the Texas Veterans Commission to develop policy and make claims
- Consulting with the VA Medical and Regional Office Personnel in development of medical treatment claims.
- Developing plans for conduction briefings, filing claims, correction and upgrading of discharges
- Interviewing veterans and their dependents on obtaining benefits, rights and entitlements.
- Assisting veterans to obtain out-patient medical and dental treatment and admissions to VA Hospitals
- Participating in and conducting public information programs on veterans' benefits