Employee Benefits Program
One week (40 hours) after 12 months; Two weeks (80 hours) after 2 years. Three weeks (120 hours) after 10 years. Four weeks (160 hours) after 20 years of employment. Unused vacation accumulates and is available in succeeding years, up to a maximum of 100 hours.
Sick leave is available for full time employees after 6 months. Unused sick leave accumulates and is available in succeeding years, up to a maximum of 480 hours.
Regular full time employees earn up to 3 days (24 hours) of personal leave, depending on month of hire. On January 1, all Personal Leave accounts are reinstated to 24 hours.
Group medical premiums for full time employees are paid in full after a sixty (60) day waiting period with an effective date on the 1st of the following month. A dental and vision plan is also available.
- Paid $20,000 Basic Life for employee with Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Direct deposit (mandatory)
- 11-14 paid holidays (varies by year)
- Workers' Compensation/Unemployment Insurance
- Sick Leave Pool available after 12 months of employment.
Supplemental insurance plans are available through Aflac via Cafeteria Plan (Section 125).
Texas County & district retirement system (TCDRS)
All elected officials and employees are required to become a member of the system. It is mandatory that employees contribute 7% of their gross salary each pay period. The County matches credits in a 2:1 ratio at time of retirement.
A member is eligible for lifetime monthly service retirement benefit payments if they:
- Accumulated at least 8 years of credited service and attained age of at least 60; or,
- Attained an age and total credited service which equals 75 or more; or,
- Accumulated at least 20 years of credited service
Employees earn vested rights upon the completion of eight (8) years of creditable service. Vesting is the right to retire and to receive lifetime monthly pension payments contingent upon satisfaction of the age requirement for retirement.